Hello lovely readers!
I spent this past week learning a beautiful abdominal massage therapy technique know as, Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®.
The purpose of this type of massage is to guide the abdominal organs back into their proper position. The techniques work by relieving congestion and blockages to improve flow in the circulatory, lymphatic and nervous systems. This results in improved gynecological, digestive and urinary health.
This external massage gently lifts and guides the uterus into its optimal position in the lower pelvis. The uterus is held in position by over 10 ligaments. The technique is designed to target these ligaments in order to gently guide the uterus back in to its’ proper position. This aids in the alleviation of menstrual symptoms, can help to improve fertility and can aid in lifting prolapses of the bladder and/or uterus. Even when women have had a hysterectomy, the technique benefits them in helping to eliminate scar tissue from the surgery.
Below is a list of some symptoms this technique can help to alleviate:
- Painful or irregular periods; painful or irregular ovulation
- Dark or brown blood at the onset and/or at the end of menstruation
- Varicose veins of the legs and/or tired, weak or numb legs
- Low backache; back pain with period
- Uterine Fibroids/Cysts
- Uterine Polyps
- Frequent urination; bladder infections, incontinence
- Recurrent vaginal infections
- Chronic miscarriages
- Fertility challenges
- Painful intercourse
- Chronic constipation; especially if this is worse around the period
- Difficult menopause